Friday 7 January 2011

A portrait of me - by my daughter aged 2 3/4

Ruby always comes out of nursery armed with tonnes of pictures, paintings, things stuck with glue and various other 'creations'.

This particular recent piece of work however made me smile - although on another day it may well have made me cry.

You see, she is still fairly Picasso-esque in her style, with mouths generally above eyes and noses coming out of the side of heads. So this makes me think she must have had some assistance from the nursery staff. Which leads me to the alarming thought that I may actually look like this.


See how she has recreated my grey hair in the fringe. She has given me lovely witchy green eyes (I have blue), and that dangley bit of wool at the bottom is, I presume, my mouth and not a 'tash.

Note how it's not quite a smiley face, yet not exactly a sad face.

If there are any amateur psychologists (or indeed professional ones) reading this, I'd love your thoughts. And if there are any plastic surgeons, I'd love to hear from you too. x

12 comments:

  1. Hahah! Love it, i think that is probably how Mummy looks after the day she sounds to have had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes hunni, I think I might add some more grey hair, and some big dark circles under the eyes! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, brilliant!She's quite the wee artist, better than me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rhoda! Maybe I should use it as my new avatar! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You HAVE to use that as your Avatar - it's brill!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOl, I love the grey hair that cheered me up. Kids can be so observant in such an innocent way. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes thanks C - I'm frankly surprised she didn't dot my face with spots too! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe! How sweet! Looking a bit pale there though honey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tracy, yes I do a bit don't I? Perhaps I need a holiday :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely some sunshine is needed! lol

    ReplyDelete