In some ways it feels like I've been doing this forever. It certainly has become such a huge part of my life now, I don't think I could be without it. These past few weeks being busy with the house move (yes, that's still all ongoing...) have felt really strange without my regular twitter contact and blog ramblings.
In other ways, I'm still such a newbie. I still haven't got around to sorting my page out. I'm still on the original bog standard template I started out with. I never seem to have the time to faff about with the layout.
I want to celebrate being here for one year and some of the achievements I've had already, and also to thank you for sticking with me. So, this week there will be some giveaways from some fabulous companies I've dealt with in the past, and some amazing new ones too.
I hope you'll keep popping back over the week to see what's on offer, and continue to stop by for a read when you can.
Here's my list of self-congratulatory, pat-myself-on-the-back, didn't-she-do-well stuff:
- Reaching the dizzy heights of No 2 on Wikio Parent Blog ranking - just the one month mind, but I did it! I also managed to reach number 26 or thereabouts on Tots before it all went a bit odd on me.
- Over 550 Google Friend connect subscribers - seriously, do that many people read my rantings?
- Nominated for MADS awards.
- Member of Parent Panel and Assistant Editor for New Mummy Tips.
- Worked with some huge companies on promotions and initiatives including Tesco, P&G, Johnson & Johnson and British Gas.
- Supported and promoted some amazing small businesses and met some wonderful people through these partnerships.
- Become an ambassador for Chuggington, Crufts and Toy Genius.
- Continue to work with my lovely sponsor Chocadores who supported me to attend Cybermummy and are a constant source of support and friendship.
- Made a lasting relationship with the Children's Trust and am very proud to support them in my own small ways.
- Attended Cybermummy for the first time even though I was bricking it (thanks to Kay for being a fab roomy).
- Devised and hosted Magpie Monday, a successful weekly blog link-up since February. I'm proud at the success of this and the amount of support this receives and happy that people can use the platform to shout about the virtues of re-use and second-hand. Magpie Monday was featured on the My Zero Waste website which was a real honour.
- Participate in some wonderful blog-hops including Silent Sunday; Handmade Thursday, Get Crafty, Something for the Weekend and Show me your Stationery - although I have been a little slack lately!