Monday 27 February 2012

Tots 100 Book Club - my recommendation



Tots100 Parent Blogger Book Club


What a lovely idea this is, I'm happy to be a part of it.

For my recommendation, I've picked a book that stayed with me long after I'd finished the final page.  Night Music by Jojo Moyes, is one of those hauntingly beautiful stories that make finding the time to sit down and read a real pleasure.


                                                    


Isabel is recently widowed, and left with two children and no funds she struggles to cope with day-to-day tasks.  As her pile of unopened mail and bills becomes too much to bear, her daughter, maturer than her tender years takes charge.

It is then they discover a letter informing them that Isabel has been left a crumbling mansion by her reclusive uncle.  The description of this rambling wreck and tales of hardship and lack of comfort will ring true with anyone who loves stately homes, doer-uppers or has simply suffered when building work goes wrong.

Frequently unable to face up to what's happening, Isabel takes to the roof to lose herself in her violin playing, the sorrowful music reaching out across the woods.

As their new life unfolds, there are challenges, surprises and new friendships and loves.  A beautifully moving and evocative romantic story.

I'd like to recommend it specifically to Amanda as I think she'd appreciate the art and architecture as well as the underlying story of a strong, passionate beautiful woman. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Liz for the recommendation, it does sound a really. Treating read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I really hope you'll enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete