Tuesday 20 March 2012

Coombe Mill - a home from home

Willow Cottage

Well, kind of. In an ideal world.

A home from home if your home has a crystal clear river running through the garden.  If the garden is packed with a kid's heaven of play equipment.



If your home allows you to sleep like a log in a supremely comfy bed with pitch dark skies and perfectly silent nights.  If your home, like Willow Cottage, has a jacuzzi bubble bath that you can't get the kids out of.



If, at home you can get up in the morning and pop out for a freshly laid duck egg and feed your breakfast scraps to Dotty the pig.  If you can cuddle a lamb.



If you have a tractor at home that the kids can drive, chugging their mates behind in the trailer to feed the donkeys, goats, hens and rabbits.




If you have stunning deer that wander around within feet of you.



If you live within a few minutes drive of Tintagel, Arthurian legends, and the most beautiful beaches in the country.



If you can hop in the car and go visit the Eden project.


If you have a handy store on the doorstep with a freezer stocked with freshly made family meals and a fridge laden with Cornish Clotted Cream and fresh milk.  If you have a handy supply of books, games and DVDs that you can snuggle up with in front of a roaring woodburner.

No? Nor me sadly.  But you can visit this magical place.  You won't be disappointed. I promise.

                                                              Coombe Mill (Fiona)

Please note, this visit to Coombe Mill was not a 'blogger trip'.  We were under no obligation to write about our stay.  It's simply a magical place that I wanted to share with you.  Thank you Fiona, Nick and Family, for our amazing holiday.  We're already planning our return trip!

28 comments:

  1. Oh it looks truly magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so lovely isn't it!! We loved it and would LOVE to go back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Next time I think I might just refuse to leave - squatters rights! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You ABSOLUTELY should. Your two would be in heaven :0)

      Delete
  4. It looks amazing - no wonder you all had such a great holiday! Glad to hear you'll be going back - via Devon again I hope? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get there any other way Moll - not that I'd want to avoid you!

      Meeting up with you and Karen was ace, we'd schedule to spend more time in Exeter next time x

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, Liz that is the most wonderful write up I have ever read! Thanks you so much for taking the time to blog about us. You were all delight to have here and I hope we will see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Fiona. We honestly had the BEST time. Can't wait to come again. If you ever fancy a house swap, just let me know! ;0)

      Delete
  6. It is heaven. I'm so glad we went in spring. I'm sure it's magical all year round, but it was so beautiful with the daffodils, camelias and of course the newborn lambs and bunnies :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a heavenly holiday, particularly if you have children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fab little holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic holiday! I've seen the ads for Coombe Mill in various mags and have always thought about holidaying there. I think we def will now.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic. Added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds absolutely amazing! *adds to ever lengthening list*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope to take the boys here over the summer. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww what a lovely review. OH grew up in Cornwall & in laws still there - beautiful place. The farm looks beautiful. A perfect base for us when visiting the family! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband has traced his family tree down to Cornwall (we're in Scotland). And my son's best friend has recently moved down there. So I think it's the perfect excuse to go down for a holiday. Plus I've been dying to take them to Fiona's place - they're animal crazy and would be in their element at Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was a child we always went on farm holidays. I hadn't even thought about doing the same now I have kids. I'm off to look at their website!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so lovely! I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I am so envious. I bet Fionas is just the best hostess alive. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jealous Lizzie! Sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks stunning, thank you for sharing this post with me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The more I read the more I want to go!

    ReplyDelete