Monday 26 March 2012

Glittered Sticky Buds - Gilding the Lily?


OH: What are you doing?

Me: Putting glitter on sticky buds.

OH (despairingly): Why?

Me: Because I thought it might look pretty.

OH: Oh. (Long pause)  It's not really sticking very well is it?

Me: No.  These buds don't seem as sticky as normal, but since your dad climbed up a ladder for me and chopped down half his Horse Chestnut tree, I don't really feel I can complain.

OH:  Why don't you put some spray-mount on it?

Me: Don't be ridiculous.

OH: What the ****?

Me: Honestly. Spray-mount is hardly natural is it?

OH: And glitter is?

Me: What I mean is, I wanted to see if I could use the natural stickiness. Plus I don't want to gum them up or the buds won't open.

OH: I see. (He clearly doesn't).  What are you going to do with them?

ME: Put them in a vase.

OH: And then what?

Me: Look at them.

OH: Oh FFS you've got glitter all over my reports.

Me: Oh shut up.



6 comments:

  1. Well, whatever OH says, I think they look very pretty. Does the sun come through that window I wonder, even prettier then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! At that point I would of got the rest of the glitter and tipped it all over his reports (if it was my OH that is ;))

    I think they look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Men do not appreciate the beauty of glitter. Idiots. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are very prety! If irt was my OH I might have decorated his head too .. I love terorising him :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! I was kind of with your OH though until he mentioned spray mount!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like my hubby! They look lovely x

    ReplyDelete