Friday 27 April 2012

Stool Drool

After seeing Karen's lovely make-over, I had serious stool envy!

But the thrifty gods were smiling on me, as two days later I spotted an ugly duckling for myself, in desperate need of some love.  For just £2 I gleefully carried this home (well, to be accurate my unconvinced Mum carried it home for me as my arms were full with other tat goodies I'd picked up).




I struggle to bring any 'new' furniture into the house without having to first fully justify it's existence / purpose/ location to the Old Man first - we do have rather a lot of furniture.

But given that we have very tall wardrobes and I currently reach the top shelves by balancing precariously on the foot board of our bed, I had my answer ready!  I haven't carried out a full-blown risk assessment of this current method of jumper retrieval, but lets just say there have been a few near-misses.

A stool makeover like this is lovely.  There's no fiddly-faffy upholstery, just some straight-forward stapling.  Given the size of the seat pad, you should be able to get away with a Fat Quarter of fabric to re-cover, which means your choice of design is pretty endless, and you can afford to splash out on a 'pricier' print.

Doesn't a mid-week makeover gladden the heart?



Paint: Craig & Rose 1829 chalky emulsion in 'Smalt'
Fabric: Echo by Lotta Jansdotter 'Ruta Indigo'

What do you think?  An improvement no?


Linking up with




21 comments:

  1. ooh I have a couple of chairs to do up! I feel inspired seeing that! It looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank lovely. It goes perfectly with our bedroom decor, and I'm much less likely to break my neck now too - always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more - it really does gladden the heart! :-) Love the shade of blue you've ued too :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh that looks really smart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison - certainly looks a whole lot better since I took that filthy vinyl off!

      Delete
  5. fab! fab! fab! I LOVE IT !

    I think we should be on commission from Craig and Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely makeover. I've a coupla chairs hidden in the garage to do and I'm think that blue looks so fresh it might just have made my decision on colour!

    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric sounds like its from Pippy Longstocking's collection! Stool looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brill makeover. Both you and Karen have inspired me to re-cover my old kitchen chairs. I take it Craig & Rose is good paint for this purpose yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's great! It's 1st time I've used it on Karen's recommendation, really like it though. Great coverage and good price x

      Delete
  9. SKILLZ!!!

    I love it, that blue is amazing. I am thinking of painting that shelf thing from last week's MM blue - this may have sealed the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely - and has reminded me I have a piano stool currently languishing in the loft which I brought home for this very purpose...oh dear. Must actually complete my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You big copy cat! ;) Ah no, it's lovely - really like that fabric, and you've done a grand job x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up - am woefully behind with everything everyone else has been up to! Will be up again tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete