Monday 14 May 2012

Magpie Monday - Slim Pickings

Phew what a busy week!  I was away at the weekend too at Cybher - the blogging conference - so my thrifting opportunities were severely limited.

After last week's boot sale I'm itching to get back to another one, but I guess that will have to wait til next weekend.

On a whistle-stop visit to my local charity shop, I did manage to find these two items which I'm very happy with - providing I can get into the skirt.  I think I may be in denial about my waist line - especially after this weekend's excesses!

Abstract print linen skirt in burnt umber by Minuet - £2.99


Bead and fabric ribbon necklace - £1.75

What second-hand gems have you unearthed lately?  Please grab the badge and link up.

Me and My Shadow
Grab my button
and link to my blog



17 comments:

  1. That's a lovely colour. Nice to get a coordinating necklace at the same time :) Sounds like Cybher was productive but tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt - and the necklace matches perfectly - well done! I had a great morning's bootying yesterday; the sunshine brought many sellers out, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not slim pickings at all! Very summery too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I'm totally thinking SUMMER! Can just imagine you in these sipping some Pimms!

    (Oof, bring THAT on.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a boot sale near us that we keep meaning to visit, must remember to do that.
    Not sure (nice though it is) the skirt is my colour though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a nice summery item, now all we need is for the summer to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you got quality over quantity this week. Both items are lovely. My sister's been telling me, "Orange is the new turquoise." for months. It's annoying, but she's probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah I was going to say that too... Great for summer!! love the colour... I'm linking over to you for the first time today :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love orangey shades and linen.
    Little bargain hunting at this end this week either but aim to change that as pay day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely need some good weather now so you can wear it. It's been so cold and windy here you'd need thermals and a weighted hem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just linked up my little boys budget space bedroom with the help of ebay finds and the charity shop. Love the skirt and im thinking we may just get a summer sometime for you to wear it
    Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice bargains love the necklace x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well at least your slim pickings go really wonderfully together! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep finding clothes that I optimistically think I'm going to shrink into :)
    Lovely fresh, summery colours x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colours, really warm and sunny! Roll on summer I say!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful skirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete