Monday 4 June 2012

Magpie Monday - Loverly jubberlie

Happy Jubilees!!  Ruby has been so excited, waking up every morning for the past fortnight asking if it's 'jubilees' yet.  I'd promised her a garden party for yesterday, but predictably it peed it down all day.

So, we brought the party and all the decorations inside and had a garden party indoors.

Most of the decorations were thrifted, and here's what we used:





Our local weekly market has a second-hand charity stall and I picked up a huge bag of flags the other week.  The Old Man draped them everywhere - hmmm, yes everywhere.

On the same stall I found some patriotic candles - gotta love the naffness of those Union Jack sphere candles.  I got a pair of red Hobbycraft enamel mini buckets at the 50p sale last week, and they were put to use too.


I also bought these floating candles from the same market stall.  But look!  Totally independently, I found this glass dish in a charity shop later in the week.  Perfect match or what?




I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend, if you've found any second-hand bargains, please grab the badge and link up x

Me and My Shadow
Grab my button
and link to my blog



18 comments:

  1. "draped everywhere" ... you really shouldn't be putting those images into my head Liz! Happy 'jubilees' to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I didn't mean that naughty. I'm sure there's probably a law against that ;0)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well at least we made an effort - unlike her freakish outfit she had on yesterday! x

      Delete
  3. Hello - been enjoying your blog for a while now, and am happy to be joining in with Magpie Monday for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's lovely, thank you!!

      Welcome, welcome x

      Delete
  4. Aww bet ruby had a lovely indoor garden party! damn british weather eh.
    Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jane! If there's one thing you can rely on, it's Bank Holiday weather.

      Delete
  5. Jubilees, he he, awesome.
    Ah, boo to the rain but hey at least your not camping :/
    We're surviving. Looks lovely x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're camping in this? Ahh bless you hope you've got waterproofs x

      Delete
  6. Wow! You went all out. I love it. Very patriotic. I hope Ruby has a lovely "garden" party.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison, we had a great time! Not sure what I'm going to do with all these flags now, and Ruby won't let me take them down!

      Delete
  7. The indoor party looks fab! Hope you managed to do some outside celebrating today too.
    I'm in Northern Ireland with family and there's lots going on in some parts, none in others...
    Love your glass dish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really been outdoors much - it's rained here non-stop all day yesterday and most of today :0(

      Delete
  8. We could've done with more bunting I think.. your house looks fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shame about the weather but your house looked great. Loving the flower candles in the dish. The challenge will be to find green shamrock candles for next St Patricks day. They would fit the glass dish too! Hope you had a great party. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete