Monday 3 September 2012

Magpie Monday - Boxing Day

Not much in the way of thrifty finds this week.  It's been super-busy getting ready for the start of school and trying to cram everything in.

I also had a full-on weekend, so no time for boot sales or charity shops.

Remember my lovely new friend that I picked up in the junk shop?!  Well, we got together for a girly day of wine and crafting on Saturday and I decorated these little wooden boxes.



Inspired, I managed to find a larger project to take on in the charity shop this morning.



This hat box was only £1.25, but it's a little too flowery for my taste, so with a lick of paint and some decoupage, hopefully I can transform it into some pretty, practical storage.


What second-hand treasures have you found lately?  Grab the badge and link up x


Me and My Shadow



17 comments:

  1. I love boxes, we have them all over the house....really love the hat box, I'm sure it will look amazing when you are finished with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're great - I might have to pinch that idea, really thrifty! Looking forward to seeing the hat box all jazzed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. The wooden ones I did where a chocolate box (square) and the round ones were a couple of quid from QD. You could also use the wooden cheese (brie etc) boxes. I painted with ordinary emulsion tester pot, the images are cut from wrapping paper then glued on and over with watered don PVA. x

      Delete
  3. These would be lovely to put pressies in. I'll have to give it a go, I've got an old jewellery box that's seen better days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty, and what a fabulous price for the hatbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, fabulous! Nothing better than crafting with friends, eh? And the boxes are BEAUTY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried decoupage but it looks like fun. Is it tricky?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterfly boxes are gorgeous - think I need to find a crafty friend! Sounds fun x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful butterfly boxes. Brie boxes are a great idea. Lovely for a special gift wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them, good work Mrs! Looking forward to seeing how the hat box turns out x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those would make excellent gift boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decoupage is next on my list too. I have all the bits just never the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the butterflies! I keep thinking I'm going to try decoupage... some day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that even in the busiest of weeks you can still find something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm joining, i'm joining!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how exciting, thanks for hosting:)

    ReplyDelete