Sunday, 14 October 2012

Magpie Monday - Jumble spoils

OK, so these finds may not look a lot - yet.

But I'll show you them now, in the hope that I can show you them transformed in a couple of weeks and you can all go 'Wow!'

These were just a couple of items I snaffled at last week's jumble sale - the one where everything was spilling out of my friend's convertible and we looked like a couple of second-hand Thelma and Louises.

So much stuff did we get but in fact, we even got a carry-out to the car service.  How posh are we?

I spied this little orangey pine kitchen shelving unit on the table behind the overall-clad helpers and snapped it up for a teeny-tiny price.  I can't even tell you what I paid - it's embarrassing.  Especially if I manage to make it respectable and sell it on.

For the first time, I managed to get a 'before' shot, but it's now been sanded and had one coat of Alabaster white paint.

Why dust, when you can sand?

It needs several more and some waxing, but I think it's going to be a beauty.

I also got this wooden (well, MDF to be precise) toy box.  It will be for Ruby's ever growing collection.

Assorted litter and fluff came free

I love the little heart cut-outs on the side.  I will probably paint it chalky pink and put a little blackboard panel on it so we can label it 'toys' or 'dolls' or 'books'.  Not bad for £2?

Hopefully I can show you the finished result on here soon.

What have you been thrifting lately?

Grab the badge and link up.

Me and My Shadow


  1. Such a wonderful idea Magpie Monday is! And what great, useful finds! The shelving unit must look lovely with a coat of paint. xx

    1. Thanks so much for joining in Ellie - you've set the bar high with as the first link up entry! x

  2. I love jumble sales. Fab finds and I can't wait to see the finished results!

  3. Are you turning into a bit of a wheeler dealer? Lovely finds, it always amazes me when people sell or chuck stuff just because it's a bit old, I can see potential in most things. Saw a beautiful bureau on the street out for the bin men the other day but I was on my own and would never have got it in the car and I've really reached saturation point when it comes to items of furniture :(

  4. I love the Thelma and Louise bit .. Was there Brad Pitt there ....? What bargains!

  5. oh, jealous of your finds. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    I soo need to find a jumble sale xx

  6. I spotted some shelves like that at a car boot sale and kicked myself afterwards for not buying them. Great finds!

  7. I think i would buy both too! Please do share your makeover with us!
    Aqeela xx

  8. Cute finds! Looking forward to your makeovers!

  9. Yay, I can finally comment. I struggled on lots of blogs yesterday, think my google account was playing up.
    Great finds Liz. I love the shelving unit, look forward to seeing what you do with it x

  10. I'm a bit late joining the party. Expect you to create something wonderful.

  11. I think they look OK already but will look better when you have worked your magic. Fess up on how much you paid for number one.