Sunday 14 October 2012

Magpie Monday - Jumble spoils


OK, so these finds may not look a lot - yet.

But I'll show you them now, in the hope that I can show you them transformed in a couple of weeks and you can all go 'Wow!'

These were just a couple of items I snaffled at last week's jumble sale - the one where everything was spilling out of my friend's convertible and we looked like a couple of second-hand Thelma and Louises.

So much stuff did we get but in fact, we even got a carry-out to the car service.  How posh are we?

I spied this little orangey pine kitchen shelving unit on the table behind the overall-clad helpers and snapped it up for a teeny-tiny price.  I can't even tell you what I paid - it's embarrassing.  Especially if I manage to make it respectable and sell it on.

For the first time, I managed to get a 'before' shot, but it's now been sanded and had one coat of Alabaster white paint.

Why dust, when you can sand?


It needs several more and some waxing, but I think it's going to be a beauty.

I also got this wooden (well, MDF to be precise) toy box.  It will be for Ruby's ever growing collection.

Assorted litter and fluff came free

I love the little heart cut-outs on the side.  I will probably paint it chalky pink and put a little blackboard panel on it so we can label it 'toys' or 'dolls' or 'books'.  Not bad for £2?

Hopefully I can show you the finished result on here soon.

What have you been thrifting lately?

Grab the badge and link up.


Me and My Shadow

13 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea Magpie Monday is! And what great, useful finds! The shelving unit must look lovely with a coat of paint. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining in Ellie - you've set the bar high with as the first link up entry! x

      Delete
  2. I love jumble sales. Fab finds and I can't wait to see the finished results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you turning into a bit of a wheeler dealer? Lovely finds, it always amazes me when people sell or chuck stuff just because it's a bit old, I can see potential in most things. Saw a beautiful bureau on the street out for the bin men the other day but I was on my own and would never have got it in the car and I've really reached saturation point when it comes to items of furniture :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Thelma and Louise bit .. Was there Brad Pitt there ....? What bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, jealous of your finds. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    I soo need to find a jumble sale xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted some shelves like that at a car boot sale and kicked myself afterwards for not buying them. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think i would buy both too! Please do share your makeover with us!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute finds! Looking forward to your makeovers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I can finally comment. I struggled on lots of blogs yesterday, think my google account was playing up.
    Great finds Liz. I love the shelving unit, look forward to seeing what you do with it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a bit late joining the party. Expect you to create something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they look OK already but will look better when you have worked your magic. Fess up on how much you paid for number one.

    ReplyDelete