Tuesday 8 January 2013

100 easy ways to be a thrifty family - ebook review

Did you resolve to be more careful with your finances this year?

If you're looking for smart and simple tips to save money, then you could do a lot worse than investing in the new ebook by Becky Goddard-Hill 100 Easy Ways to be a Thrifty Family


Becky is a well-respected authority on all matters relating to family finance; she is the author of the very popular book 'How to afford to have time off with your baby'; writes the award winning Baby Budgeting blog and Family Budgeting blog; has appeared as a guest on TV and radio shows and been featured in many magazines and press publications.  But above all she is a super-savvy, generous and helpful all-round lovely lady.  Trust me, she knows what she's talking about.

Now, I consider my self to be reasonably clued-up on thrifty matters.  I may not put them all into practice, but I thought I knew most of the tricks of the trade.  However, this ebook has taught me a new thing or two.

There are ideas, resources and links I'd never heard of before.  Simple and achievable suggestions on how to save money as a family.  There are beautifully sensitive, well observed musings about money - particularly when it comes to kids and cash.

I might like to think I'm money savvy, but I'll never be one of those people who has loads of spreadsheets and plans out meals weeks in advance.  I don't do lists and I'm not too good at checking my bank account.  Sure, those things are covered in the book as you'd expect, but there's something for everyone.  A book that tells me how I can save money and still have life's little luxuries is a winner for me!  One that gives ideas on how you can still afford to pamper yourself (nay, how you SHOULD for your emotional well-being) is a very welcome read in these doom and gloom austere times.

There are little bite-sized tips that I'm going to go through one by one and pop on post it notes on my computer as reminders.  I devoured the book in one go, but it's certainly one to dip in and out of and revisit time and again.

I'm not going to give all the tips away, but I just tried one of her quick ideas and have netted £7.92 in 5 minutes!  It would have been more if I'd been more thorough.  Want to find out what it was?  Well you'll have to buy the book wont you?

It's available for the Kindle via Amazon 100 Easy Ways to be a Thrifty Family priced at £2.05 or as a PDF download Becky's site at £2.99.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of the book in PDF format.  No payment was given or received   All views expressed are my own.


4 comments:

  1. This looks a really useful and good read. Think every family needs be a bit thriftier in the current climate don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Tas - don't forget, 'we're all in this together'!!!

    Seriously, this book is a great help to me and to many others I'm sure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being more budget-careful is a goal of mine this year! I might have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks fo rlthe lovely review of my book Liz MUCH appreciated

    ReplyDelete