Monday 21 January 2013

Magpie Monday - Baby Bluebirds

How are you enjoying the snow?

My promised trip out on Saturday with an afternoon mooching around the charity shops didn't turn out as expected.  To say I was disappointed is something of an understatement.

So, really I've not been able to get out and find any treasure - I might be forced to eBay at this rate.

Luckily, carrying on my study re-org, I found a little box of bits and bobs that still hadn't been unwrapped from our house move.

Two little newspaper packages were nestling in the bottom, and revealed these little china beauties.



I have a vague recollection of buying them at a car boot sale, so I suspect they would have cost me about a quid (knowing my tight-arsed tendencies).

Aren't they gorgeous?

I just need to find a place for them away from clumsy little hands.

Did you manage to do any thrifting this week, or has snow stopped play?

Grab the badge and link up.


Me and My Shadow

15 comments:

  1. They look like the kind of decoration that would be on top of a wedding cake in the 1930s maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love the thought of that Glenda. Wish they could talk.

      Delete
  2. They are lovely! I have a little collection of china/glass birds, but stupidly decided to put them on the hall table - now quite a few are missing bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I love them. I wish they had a mark or backstamp so I could find out more about them.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aren't they. They're so diddy I'm scared I might lose them!

      Delete
  5. Cute! I would put them on the top of a big picture frame on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Definitely need to find a place high up where they can safely look out over you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, those are so sweet. I'm with Lucy - rest them on a frame - really cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, they are SO beautiful. I reckon you could get your crafty mind whirling- they could look awesome as some statement jewellery, or soaring about within a snow globe? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oo they are lovely : ) I have to agree they would look lovely on a frame or maybe even framed themselves - that would keep them safe!!!!

    ReplyDelete