Monday 28 January 2013

Magpie Monday - Purple Dress


I love the colour purple.  I don't mean the book (although I do actually love that too), I mean the actual colour.

It must be a hangover from my goth days, it being the only hue I would deign to wear other than black.

Purple cheers me up, it makes me smile.

I spotted this dress on the mannequin of a charity shop in town last week and bought it on a whim.  It was only £3 so even if I only wear it around the house, it will be worth it.



The positives:


  • It's from Apricot - a label I buy often and I know fits me well
  • It's purple!
  • It's a jumper dress (I spend approximately 6 months of the year in jumper dresses)
  • It was only £3
  • I love the folksy forest print 



The negatives:


  • That weird braided yolk thing it has going on.


I'm really not sure about that.  I fear it will make me look like an ageing hippy.  I might have to take my quick-unpick to that.

Thoughts?

Linking up with Frugal Fashion Friday.  If your 2nd hand buy is clothing or fashion, why not link up there too? x



Me and My Shadow

12 comments:

  1. I was once given a top from Apricot for my birthday and adored it - it was one of those things I'd wash over and over to wear it again! Love, love, love the pattern on this jumper dress - folky prints make my heart sing!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Liz! Love the colour & print! What a bargain! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress - I do love purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what you mean about yolks - but the one on your lovely dress looks subtle and pretty. Gorgeous print too - love the way it's echoed on the sleeves x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think i would wear it but its amazing that you managed to buy it for £3.00! Im wanting new jeans and I'm nipping to the charity shops first to see if I can find a bargain too.
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh I am a big jumper dress fan so quick and easy and no waist!! You were a goth hey! I like this. Thanks for linking with the frugal fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous - such a bargain. Love the colour, the print and the neckline even with the crochet yolk. Lucky you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely dress! Purple is my favourite colour to wear too. I love that it clashes with my red hair. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pattern and the color, and such a deal! I love purple too, I think it makes my green eyes pop for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've ever worn anything purple *shock* I'll have to give it a go. And I'd leave the dress be unless it looks really easy to unpick, I bet it looks fine on regardless of the yolk :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that dress. Wear it with confidence, I'm sure it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very pretty, and I love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete