Monday 7 January 2013

Magpie Monday - Wetsuit Wonder

Morning my little Magpies.  Have you missed me?

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year - I must say 2 weeks offline has done me the world of good.  I almost didn't want to come back...

There's not been much time for thrifting over the break, but I did sneak out between Christmas and New Year for a pint of milk and 'happened' to find myself in the charity shop.  You know how it is.

Anyhow, I'm rather happy with my find.  Given the Old Man's new found obsession hobby of outdoor swimming, I seized on this little wetsuit in Ruby's size. It was only £2.49, total bargain!


Sadly, there weren't any ladies neoprene outfits on offer or of course I'd have snapped that up too (yeh right).  The plan is, when summer comes, she can splash about in the water with the other nutters, while I sit languishing on the river bank, picnicking on dry land.

Good plan huh?


Grab the badge and link up your thrifty pleasures.
Me and My Shadow

14 comments:

  1. I always love your finds Liz. Makes me want to head straight out to my nearest carboot. Fab find as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the boot sales to start, none round here yet though x

      Delete
  2. Thats a fab find they are really dear! Happy new year lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I missed you, Happy New Year! I'm sure your Mr will know exactly what to get you this Christmas ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the boys new wet suits for Christmas, now to head back out to Polzeath and try them out. Didn't manage a bargain though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing (from how much OH's Christmas present of swimming thermal gloves and socks cost) that this is not a cheap hobby!

      You're so lucky to be able to surf nearby x

      Delete
  5. Hooray welcome back! I had break over Christmas too and it felt fab. Feel all refreshed and posts planned for the month! Yikes! We saw all the swimmers in the sea at Clevedon on New Year's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed you really getting your blog on Lucy with tonnes of fab posts. Oh to be so organised and clever...

      x

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great plan! We took a blogging break over the holidays, too, and it was awesome. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Julia!

      It's nice to switch of every once in a while isn't it.

      Delete
  7. Happy new year! Picnicing on the riverbank sounds much more fun to me than actually getting wet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did miss you, but I can't complain because I took a break as well. Happy New Year!

    That's a very good find - they cost a bomb when bought new.

    x

    ReplyDelete