Tuesday 26 February 2013

Fangtastic Red Nose Day Cookies

Sainsbury's challenged bloggers to come up with some tasty cookies to celebrate Red Nose Day, and never one to turn down a biscuit, we thought we'd have a go.

I used my fail-safe biscuit recipe which is by Rachel Allen.  Simple and quick to make, it produces lovely crisp, crumbly biscuits, which unlike a lot of homemade cookies will stay fresh in a tin for a few days - if they are not devoured before then.  As we have a dairy allergy in da house, I substitute butter for vegetable margarine.



We then got busy with some ready-made coloured icing, rolling and cutting shapes to make our faces.  It's a great product to use - like edible play-doh.  The features were stuck on using a little icing sugar and water paste and voila, here are our fangtastic cookies.


They would be perfect for a bake sale, to take to school or work to raise funds for Comic Relief on 15th March.  Or...


...Well, you could just eat them yourself!

While we're on the subject of Comic Relief, I'd love you to check out my Couch Coins Challenge and see if you can join in.  Every penny counts, so have a root around down the back of your sofa and see what you can find.

6 comments:

  1. Those are brilliant! However, now I want biscuits... *goes to find celery*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh biscuits are my baking nemesis, I just cant do them! These look amazing, love the decoration, I'm sure they will go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty rubbish at biscuits usually too, but this recipe works a treat x

      Delete
  3. These look fab! I can't bake cookies they always come out like rocks.. If you'd like to send some...! Seriously they are brilliant bet you had fun making them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vi, yes, we had loads of fun! Though she's not interested in play-doh anymore!

      Delete