Saturday 2 February 2013

Honk Honk! Comic Relief celebrates 25 years of Good Work

It's hard to believe, but this year's Red Nose Day on 15th March will mark the 25th anniversary of the 'fun'd-raising initiative.

It's become such an integral part of our lives, from TV shows to merchandise in the supermarkets, to chart-topping charity singles.

Each time we tune in to watch celebs and politicians make eejits of themselves, and to see the heart-breaking VTs of the amazing work they do and the lives that are touched.

I'm pretty ashamed to admit this, but the older I get, the harder I find it to watch.  Perhaps it's since having a child of my own, but I find it almost unbearable that in this day and age there is still so much suffering, both here in the UK, and across the world.

That's why I'm SO PROUD of fellow bloggers Tanya; Annie and Penny who are facing it head on and travelling out to Ghana to report back on some of the projects that our 25 years of donations have helped.


It's going to be a hugely emotional time for them all I'm sure, and I can't even begin to imagine some of the scenes they'll see.

So please, join me in supporting them and following their journey.  Chances are one of the pounds you have given will be helping an initiative they are visiting.  Let's see what a difference Comic Relief has made over the years.

Please check out Team Honk's website.  You can sign up for a digital postcard, and follow their visit on 4th and 5th February via Twitter.

Team Honk - you rock!

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow thank you missus, this is so appreciated and really pepping us up this evening as we sit round feeling rather mind blown and a bit nervous about doing a good job to represent the blogging community! You star x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - I need to get one of these done too. I waver between jealousy and awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support, it has been epic.

    Love you missie lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete