Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas all wrapped up at Poundland

I don't know about you, but I always blow my budget on gifts at Christmas and then am always shocked at how  much the bits and pieces for wrapping add up to - paper; tags; gift bags; ribbons and bows all seem to add extra pounds on top of the present itself.

I also have the dilemma between wanting my presents to look attractive and enticing, and knowing that in most cases the wrapping will just be ripped off and put in the recycling bin.

Poundland always comes up trumps when it comes to gift wrapping.  They have some gorgeous ranges and gift wrap from £1 for 3 rolls you can't go wrong.



My favourite this year are the brown luggage labels, which unfortunately have sold out in my local store, but I'll be popping back to see if they have more.


There are bottle bags at 2 for £1 which are ideal for giving my bottles of homemade wine in.  

Pick up a box of 12 traditional candy canes and add one to a simply wrapped brown paper parcel.


There are also Thornton's chocolate lollies at 2 for £1 and these are perfect for slipping under a bow on a child's gift.


So, with ribbons, money envelopes and large sacks all at £1 there's no reason why your gifts can't look stunning this year, even if you are on a tight budget.




Disclosure: This is a featured post in association with Poundland.  I was sent some vouchers to purchase some finishing touches for Christmas.

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea with the candy canes, kicking myself for not buying them now... will have to go back! you ARE clever... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poundland ...i love it..I keep threatening the kids with Poundland Gift vouchers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Poundland, no? Love that pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some gorgeous designs and some super-wide paper too which is always handy!

      Delete
  4. Wow that paper is nice and I agree, those labels are fab! Gorgeous idea of adding sweets or chocolates to the presents, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to keep the dog away from them under the tree now...hmmmm....

      Delete
  5. Wow, those are some amazing bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd much rather spend my money on the present inside, but this way I can keep costs down but still make them look pretty.

      Delete
  6. We picked up some fab decorations there this year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, I was eyeing up a glitter stag actually!

      Delete
  7. I bought some of their fabulous gift bags this year, they are great quality as well as great value!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good quality, and so much cheaper than in card shops.

      Delete
  8. love the brown labels! I'm off to see if they're in our local store! Shall I get some for you too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please! My friend managed to get some but they'd all gone by the time I got there :0(

      Delete
  9. I finished my xmas shopping in Poundland yesterday. Excellent for tree presents and their xmas decorations are amazing value.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for this Liz, I am hoping they have something left by Friday when I finally can get out to shop!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lots of nice things. and i love your touch of chocolate lilies for kids presents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There was a discussion the other night about the range of things they sell at poundland - you can really get such a lot there!!!! You have done such a great job making those gifts look so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My seven year old did all her Xmas shopping in there in the space of 10 minutes. Mug for me, computer spray for daddy and a car cleany thing for Grandad. Job done. I have to admit I was a little envious. Wouldn't it be great if we all had a £1 limit for pressies? xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Poundland have genius things if you can get in there quickly enough. This year my kids have £5 each to buy for the whole family and I'm letting them loose in Poundland to choose for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the candy cane parcel idea :-)

    ReplyDelete