Tuesday 17 December 2013

Easy Christmas Pud Tunnock Teacake Pimp!

Easy Cheat - Tunnock's Teacake Christmas Puddings

Ahh Tunnock's Teacakes, the iconic Scottish teatime treat of chocolate covered gooey marshmallow and biscuit...  The mere sight of the red and silver foil wrapper takes me back to my youth.

For Christmas, I've pimped up the Tunnock's for those who don't like Christmas pudding.  These would be great to serve at a kid's tea party, or pop in a lunchbox for a festive treat.

You'll need:

  • Tunnock's Teacakes
  • Easy Roll White Royal Icing (you need only a tiny amount, so use any leftover from the Christmas cake)
  • Holly decorations either edible or non-edible


1. Carefully remove the foil wrapper.  Resist the urge to scoff teacake.  Set aside the wrapper for smoothing out later with the back of a spoon (What?  Is it just me who used to do that?)

2. Roll out a small amount of icing between two sheets of non-stick paper.  Cut out with a sharp knife a free-form shape to represent dripping icing - this is a sort of random fried egg shape.  Roll some more with the rolling pin.

3. Place on top of the chocolatey dome.  It should stick on it's own, but if not warm a teaspoon in a cup of boiled water, dry and gently rub the spoon over the chocolate to melt slightly before laying the icing on.

4. Finish off with the holly decoration and you're done.  Super quick, super easy festive pimp!

Tunnocks Tea Cake Christmas Puddings


Romanian Mum


33 comments:

  1. these look fab and so easy - will be pinching this idea I think as we love tunnocks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Ruby got one in her lunchbox this morning with Christmas tree shaped sandwiches!

      Delete
  2. Oh what a brilliant idea! And a perfect craft for a three year old! We'll be doing these :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Drools* This is seriously simple but looks amazing. I thought you'd actually made the whole thing yourself before reading the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be daft! I'm not wasting any more of my time making christmas puddings from scratch!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, how clever are these!!!!! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You my dear are a ruddy GENIUS! LOVE tunnocks tea cakes but wouldn't have thought about getting them over Christmas - until now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *whispers* I have never had Tunnocks Tea Cakes *scuttles off to shops*

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh. my. god.... these are simply GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and will have a go as I love Tunnocks too. What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bloody love these and now i really want one! YUm x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea, and they are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! So simple but they look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So simple and yet so genius! What a star you are, definitely going to try these out

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, for one, do not like Xmas puds...however, these do look rather yummy, so perhaps there is an alternative that even I would be happy with. Great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Or to make a batch of them and just shove them in your gob when nobody is looking and you are watching TV in just your pants?
    No?
    Just me?
    Oh

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm working up until 2pm tomorrow. Then coming home. And making these. Can't wait. I've wanted to do this for several years now. This is the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete