Monday 9 December 2013

Join Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 13th December

Not so long ago sweaters with 3D snowmen and reindeer cavorting across your midriff used to be the height of bad taste.  Well, not anymore, they are now de rigueur and what's more by wearing one you could help a very good cause to boot.

Save the Children are hosting Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 13th December, and are asking you to make the world better with a sweater.  Wear your pullover with pride and donate £1 to help save children's lives.


If you don't have a festive jumper already, why not get yourself down to Woolly Wonderland at Westfield in Stratford this week?  They will be hosting customisation workshops - take your plain swearer along and the team will inspire and provide decorations to pimp your pully. There will also be celebrity story readings and characters the Gruffalo and Elmer visiting to liven things up, so make sure you book your slot.


Share your selfie pictures online with #XmasJumperDay, and if you don't have colleagues to share the fun with, join the twitter party on Friday at 1pm.



Donating your £1 is super easy - you can simply text TEAMTHINLYS to 70050 or donate online.


I can't promise that you'll get a kiss from a member of the Save the Children team, but I do know they'll be very happy if you join us.



21 comments:

  1. I was heading off to Primark, but actually I've got a better idea now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it means I don't have to leave the house then I am all over the upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to be joining in with this - just have to work out what I am going to wear, and how on earth I am going to tinsel up! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO doing this on Friday. It is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww looks like you had such a great session! Shame I couldn't make it. LOVE your star jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Googles Christmas Jumper with fast delivery*

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT a brilliant plan... we all have one in our house, I'll attempt to get a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fab idea and I love a Christmas jumper :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent idea! I will be doing my bestest to join in on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea! I've a few snowflake and reindeer fairisles tucked away so no problem there. Feels good to be on trend for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea for a great cause

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for ALL your support Liz, you have been an absolute STAR! My jumper is almost finished - hoorah! I'll 'see' you on Friday! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! My very first Christmas jumper arrived today so I'll definitely be taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. we are going renegade at work and joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your jumper skillz! Looking hot to trot there Liz. I'm really looking forward to partaking in a mice pie of 4 and joining in with the Twitter Party on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you all had such a great time. The party is going to be fab and for such a good cause - see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaah I was so sorry I couldn't make the customisation session - looks as though it was a great lark. Love your stars - a jumper for all seasons, I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the design you crafted on to your jumper Lizzie - very sophisticated! and one you could def wear outside of december. I have linked to this post in my own - hope thats ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. As far as any jewellery is concerned, fading of the finish and sheen is a very common problem. In that list, gold jewellery is no exception! It really seems silly when people show great care in buying jewellery but fail to reciprocate the same in maintaining it. Evil Eyre Bracelet Greece

    ReplyDelete
  20. As far as any jewellery is concerned, fading of the finish and sheen is a very common problem. In that list, gold jewellery is no exception! It really seems silly when people show great care in buying jewellery but fail to reciprocate the same in maintaining it. evil eye throw pillow

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wedding is for a lifetime and every bride dreams to tie the knot in the Indian traditional way. Trends come and go and fashion keeps changing every season. But a bride's love for her traditional jewellery does not change and never will. Bridal Ring Sets

    ReplyDelete