Friday 24 January 2014

Food to celebrate Chinese New Year

I may not have an oriental bone in my body, but that doesn't stop me celebrating Chinese New Year!

We always try to do something special - make some decorations; have Chinese food, crack open some fortune cookies...

Some of my favourite bloggers have shared some fabulous recipe ideas such as:

Chinese Style Braised Orange Duck Legs from More than Toast.


Caramelised Chinese Pork Stir Fry from Mummy Alarm.


Salmon, Mushroom and Pak Choi by Kids Chaos.


Cashew Chicken by I'm Counting UFOs


How to make Tofu by Life is Delicious.


Simple Chicken Chop Suey by Domestic Goddesque.


To help you prepare your food in style, Tesco have a range of items from woks to bamboo steamers, and of course all the ingredients you'll need to whip up a tasty stir fry.


A wok is a really worthwhile investment if you don't have one.  It really is the best way to cook noodles or oriental style vegetables.  Look after it well and it will last you for years.

So whatever you decide to make, I wish you good fortune for the year of the horse.


Disclosure: Tesco kindly sent me a new wok.

11 comments:

  1. I want all that food in and around my mouth.

    IN. AND. AROUND. MY. MOUTH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Chinese food; so simple to cook and always feels so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm all looks lovely I love noodles I think I could live off them for the rest of my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't going to bother but now you've given me the impetus to get on my horse (geddit?) and do it in style, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not a post to read whilst hungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh i love the little bamboo steamers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so making Kelly's Chop Suey ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Chinese food. I've yet to come across a dish that doesn't taste amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo now I am craving Chinese food! Cashew chicken ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh My Word, they all look awesome, I dont have a wok and that makes me sad, think I need to take hubby shopping tomorrow ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little boring when it comes to chinese food but these dishes do look delicious

    ReplyDelete