This year marks the 15th anniversary of Julia Donaldson's iconic children's book The Gruffalo.
FIFTEEN YEARS??! Can you believe that?
To celebrate, the Forestry Commission are welcoming him home back into the forest with a whole host of special activities throughout the year.
There will be trails at locations nationwide starting in April and running through until Autumn, when The Gruffalo's Child takes over from October right through til February 2015.
There will be giant sculptures in the woods and an extra special birthday tea party in the summer. And guess what? You're all invited.
Sign up now to register your interest and hear all the latest announcements. You'll also be sent a free party pack including invitations, activity sheets and picnic ideas.
The Gruffalo trails can be found at:
- Alice Holt Forest, Surrey
- Bolderwood, New Forest
- Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest, Kent
- High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Suffolk
- Wendover Woods, Buckinghamshire
- Jeskyns, Gravesend, Kent
- Birches Valley Forest, Cannock Chase
- Delamere Forest, Cheshire
- Hicks Lodge, Derbyshire
- Sherwood Pines, Nottinghamshire
- Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire
- Top Lodge, Fineshade
- Beechenhurst, Forest of Dean
- Haldon Forest Park, Exeter, Devon
- Cardinham Woods, Bodmin, Cornwall
- Wyre Forest, Worcestershire
- Westonbirt, the National Arboretum, Gloucestershire
- Dalby Forest, Yorkshire
- Guisborough Forest, North Yorkshire
- Whinlatter Forest, Nr Keswick, Cumbria
- Hamsterley Forest, Country Durham
- Kielder Water and Forest Park, Northumberland
- Grizedale Forest, Nr Hawkshead, Cumbria
- Camping in the Forest site: Ashurst
- Camping in the Forest site: Ocknell & Longbeech
- Camping in the Forest site: Holmsley
- Camping in the Forest site Roundhill
- Camping in the Forest site: Hollands Wood