Friday 4 July 2014

Every Witch Way - New Tween Show

Ruby has grown up with Nick Jr programs, shows like Dora the Explorer and Dinosaur Train which were firm favourites.  Now she's heading towards the grand old age of 7, her tastes have changed, and she's looking for something more grown up to get stuck into.

We were invited along to the UK premier screening of Every Witch Way, a new soap-opera style show due to launch on Nickelodeon later this month.


We were treated to glitter tattoos and hair chalk colourings in honour of central characters Emma who loves all things glitter and is nicknamed 'Glitter Queen' and Andi her tomboy BFF who sports her own very cool purple hair streak!




We were then shown a sneak peak of 2 episodes of the brand new series.  It's based on the adventures of 14-year-old Emma Alonso, as she moves to Miami and her life turns upside-down. Not only does she discover that she is a witch, she also has a crush on the boy next door, Daniel.   However, But Daniel’s ex-girlfriend Maddie, who is an ‘bad witch’ is still willing to fight for the boy she loves.   The show is light-hearted, with a wide cast and series focus on friendship, crushes, high-school drama, self-discovery, popularity and rivalry.

The series is great for those that have outgrown children's shows and cartoons, but not yet ready for adult soaps.  Catch the first episode on July 14th at 5:30 on Nickelodeon!

Thank you Nickelodeon for inviting us along.

9 comments:

  1. Loving the hair, remind me, why did I have boys? I SO should have been the mummy to girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the girls had a ball with all of that. I am still trying to convince A that Nick Jnr is the best channel for her but she claims that she is a big girl now and it is too babyish for her. I'm sure that she would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great - I am going to show it to our local hairdressers as they do those coloured chalks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love the hair chalk idea for my girls to try.My girls need a change of programs to watch so I'll make sure we tune in to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can just see how much the girls loved it! Also, sounds like a program I would have enjoyed at that age x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless them they look like they had a blast - I have all this to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so this is what will await for me in a couple of years then? i am scared...don't want her to grow :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh fancy a bit of hair chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh not heard about this one before, will have to see if my tween likes it. N had a coloured hair spray stall at the summer fete this weekend. Not sure I want to do pick up, dreading all the complaints from other mums!

    ReplyDelete