Wednesday 15 April 2015

Spring Greens - Next Kid's Clothing

We've reached that stage where my daughter is adamant she'll choose her own clothes and outfits, and the constant battle that ensues with her not wanting to dress like a little girl, and me not wanting her to dress like an adult just yet.

It's not often now that we agree on an outfit so when we do it's cause for celebration.

On a recent shopping trip we popped into Next and we both fell in love with their new season's kids section.  There's so many different looks to choose from and for Ruby who has now taken a firm stand against 'wishy washy pastels' the bright bold colours were really refreshing.

I love the vibrant greens she picked out and this outfit is a winner for us both.


The pretty cardigan with it's crocheted daisies is perfect for chillier spring days.  

Daisy cardi available in white, yellow or green £13-19

The skirt has a fun mini pom pom trim around the hem, and is a riot of colour meaning we can mix and match it with navy, cerise pinks, purple, yellow or orange.  

Flippy Skirt £10-16

Is there anything that heralds the arrival of warmer weather better than the sight of little toes? These sandals have a lovely retro feel with their cutout detail and Ruby says their really comfortable - personally I feel the ankle strap is too short, it only does up on her on it's last hole and pushes her foot forward a little too far.

Sandals, available in green, white or pink £12-15


Take a look at the Good Life, Bright as Day and Hello Spring collections which are my favourite - I've already got my eye on quite a few other pieces!

Linking up with Wednesday's Wardrobe.



30 comments:

  1. Minxy picks her own clothes but generally she opts for shorts in the snow and jumpers in the summer! She loves floral prints (as do I) so this outfit is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes don't even get me started on inappropriate weather choices!

      Delete
  2. Loving that cardigan: both the colour and the pattern. Suits her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, I love her in bright colours.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely loving the colour! Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cardigan its beautiful I will need to see if I can get hold of one at my local store as it would be perfect for the holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely colour, but I like the yellow and white versions too.

      Delete
  5. I totally love this outfit! So pretty. Gorgeous cardi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mummy and I went into Next today - their toddler boys stuff is GORGEOUS! Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have tonnes of lovely stuff at the moment.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE GREEN CLOTHING ON MY GIRLS WITH THEM BEING BLONDE it really stands out and these look lovely i love the cardi and sandles

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a love outfit, that cardigan is gorgeous, I love the detailing on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little crocheted daisies are so pretty!

      Delete
  9. Her outfit is lovely. My daughter is at the stage where she wants to choose her own outfits and it's leading to a few battle of wills. I'd be happy for her to wear this, it is bright and colourful without being too grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a grown up girly look. Do they do that cardy in my size? Plus those sandals I would love a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great combo! Your daughter has good taste - I'd be happy wearing this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty outfit, great colour combos for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a pretty cardigan. I would love it in white for my girls. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cardi! Next are always good for kids clothes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pop of colour, the skirt is my favourite piece of the outfit as it could be worn with so many different coloured tops

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i so miss buying for a little girl! .. i am loving the colour and love those sandals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love her outfit choice - I spend more on Eliza then I spend on myself

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those colours and that cardigan is gorgeous.

    Next are fab for kids clothes aren't they x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous outfit - I love the strong colours. Next do some great kids clothes.

    ReplyDelete