Wednesday 7 December 2016

Deck out your home this Christmas for less with Poundland's cracking value

Christmas is such an expensive time of the year right?  All those presents, the food, the drink, the parties, the new frock and the Christmas jumpers...it all adds up.

So when it comes to dressing the house, I like to try and save costs where I can.  I have my old favourites in the loft which come out year after year, but I do try to keep them up-to-date with some on-trend accents and I also tend to use a lot of natural materials such as pine cones, holly and ivy which I gather from the garden or pick up on woodland walks.

To freshen my decorations up, I've been bargain-hunting in Poundland and I have to say, (not that I'm averse to shopping there, or could ever possibly be called a snob) you'd never guess that they came from a discount store.

To create a cosy hygge feel in my dining room, I've decorated the mantle in Scandi style red and white.  Candles for that feeling of warmth and soft lighting, pretty wooden star fairy lights, a sprinkling of candy canes and some real glass vintage style baubles all add to the look. I bought some scented tea lights too to add to the atmosphere and they smell lovely - just £1 for a pack of 16 orange and cranberry scented candles.

Large etched glass vintage style bauble £1, pack of 9 mini mercury glass baubles £1, set of 6 wooden star lights £1

I've kept the feeling if hygge going with my red and white theme. Cosy up with decadent glasses of hot chocolate topped with candy canes, or use them to decorate door wreaths such as this handmade rag wreath I've made. 

Ho ho ho glasses £1 for 2, metal sleigh bells £1 for 10, candy canes £1 for 12, chocolate coins £1 for 15


If you've been hooked by the metallic trend, then these copper fairy lights are just the job.  The Moroccan style, little lattice-work spheres are so stylish. Copper works really well against vibrant green foliage, so these would be perfect for a mini tree or to wrap around a spruce wreath, and being battery operated is a bonus as it makes them more portable.


Set of 10 battery operated copper LED lights £1

Silver metal star lights with blue LED bulbs £1 set of 10 battery operated fairy lights

Icy blues and silvers are a stylish combination, and you can make it grown-up without venturing into Disney's Frozen territory.

Create a cosy basket for guests to grab a snuggly blanket while they enjoy their mulled wine, decorate with frosted glass or these real glass baubles with feathers inside, and the delicate beauty of iridescent star confetti.  As well as all the items for £1, Poundland has started selling more and more larger items, so don't be surprised to pick up some bargains like this gorgeous blue soft fleece blanket for £3.

Blue fleece blanket £3, filament style LED fairy lights set of 6 £1

large glass feather bauble £1, confetti bauble £1 for 2

Stock up on traditional pillar candles too to create mantle decorations and table centrepieces.  Take a rummage through the artificial flower and foliage section, and add fresh greenery from the garden.

Church candle £1, mini glass silver baubles £1 set of 9, silver faux eucalyptus £1 stem of 3


And it's not just the decorations where I've been able to save a few quid, I've also got lots of gorgeous wrapping paper, trimmings, Christmas cards, stocking fillers, chocolates and even this delicious Huntley and Palmers Christmas pudding for just £1.

Huntley and Palmer large Christmas pudding £1, sleigh bells £1 for 10, mini glass baubles £1 for 9

So if you haven't ventured into Poundland for a while, take a look, I'm sure you'd be amazed at their cracking value!


Come and join in the #CrackingValue Twitter party on Friday 9th December from 12:30-2pm to win some prizes! We'll be giving away 5 £20 vouchers throughout the party and trust me, that will go a long way!

Take a look at some of the other amazing Christmas bargains other bloggers have found:

Rock N Roller Baby has a festive table display
Little Likely Lads looks at gifts and wrapping
Deep In Mummy Matters looks at living room decorations
What Hannah Did Next shows off her Christmas dining table
Modern Mummy shows off her colourful eclectic style
Blog By Baby has some gorgeous gifts and wrapping ideas
The Joy Of Five has a stunning fireplace decoration
Innocent Charms Chat shows off her choice of decorations
What the Redhead Said has a stunning Christmas Tree


Disclosure: I was sent £50 voucher to purchase Christmas items to showcase them.


19 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous pictures, I never thought of doing red and white together, not sure why, I think I may have to add soem red baubles to my Kitchen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love LOVE what you've done with the church candles and those hot chocolates look delicious! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz! THIS is amazing. Your wreath is so beautiful and everything else... Wow your photography eye is superb. Thank you for working so hard and see you at the party! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you picked up some amazing bits and pieces. Loving the moroccan lights and the wreath is amazing. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get to Poundland after seeing yours & Hannah's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so creative! You got some amazing lights and baubles that I didn't even see :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks gorgeous, and I would never guess it's all from Poundland. Not that there's anything wrong with Poundland. It's the shop my two head to first when we are home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great bargains there and difficult to believe that some of those items only cost a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wreath! Those fairy lights! That hot chocolate! I need it all!!! Gorgeous finds and really lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent ideas, love the glasses too! Haven't seen them in ours, I might have to go back and have a look! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stunning pictures Liz. I love the little red baubles at the beginning of this post. I also think your wreath is fab. Love poundland

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since we moved the lack of Poundland has been one of the things I've missed most (possibly sad but very much true!) I'm going to a town with one next week so I'm totally getting those star lights, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving the fairy lights - they definitely look more expensive than they were!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these look great quality for poundland - I am always wary about things in there but will have to go in and check it out

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say all the photos from bloggers have made the Poundland items look really great, unfortunately when I visited yesterday I was very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poundland is great isn't it? I LOVE your rag wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice Christmas decorations. I actually copied some of your ideas. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Nice handicrafts blog !!! thanks so much http://epch.in

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much, Valorie! I hope you have time to make one, and that you enjoy!!
    Poundland Manchester

    ReplyDelete